Our daily gear should be built for performance, not just a laptop. We quickly saw that if we wanted the build of a technical pack but optimized of our active commutes, we would have to make it ourselves. So we created the ALPHA 31.
Each bag includes a fully illustrated USER MANUAL to help tell the story of why this pack has been a passion project for us. You can also download a copy of the manual here.
FLEXIBLE SIZE & ACCESS
We chose a roll top format so the bag can compress down to a small size but when needing room for extra gear or layers the roll top can expand. The ALPHA 31 features three access points. When compressed, the front zippered panel acts as the main access to the bag. When fully loaded, the roll top becomes the key access point and the front zipper allows for access to items lower in the bag. For fast access to a laptop, there is a dedicated 15" side access laptop sleeve.
COMFORT & BREATHABILITY
Sweaty commutes and unpredictable days mean hauling gear for almost any situation, so we made ergonomic shoulder straps and a back panel able to contour to the shoulders and chest. All body-facing panels are shaped to improve air flow and feature durable fabrics.
For maximum durability and weather resistance, the ALPHA 31 is made of composite EPX600 fabric from Challenge Sailcloth™.This fabric features a durable 600d polyester face fabric laminated to a 45º polyester cross-ply reinforcement . This textile is backed with a 70d polyester ripstop for superior strength and stitch-holding. Our UVX40 variant is built of UVX40 X-PAC fabric from Dimension Polyant™. This textile is composed of a polyester and UHMWPE rip-stop face laminated to 22º X-PLY™ reinforcement and backed with a 50d taffeta for maximum weathering resistance. Learn more about our materials and tech.
All access points have been designed for weather resistance. The roll top uses a triple fold to lock out elements and all access panels feature water resistant rain flaps and YKK® Aquaguard® zippers.
Functions & Features
- Top and front access
- Expandable/compressible roll top with side compression
- Dedicated 15" side access laptop sleeve
- 3D paneled twin vertical pockets
- Rear small organization pocket for secure and quick access
- Multi-layer durable, breathable back panel and shoulder straps
- High-capacity stretch water bottle pockets
- Hydration ready. Can hold up to a 3 liter bladder
- Night-ready with tail lamp loop and reflective bungees
- Interior mesh organization pocket
- Daisy chains and tool loops
- Removable frame sheet
- EPX600 (BLACK) Fabric from Challenge Sailcloth™. Fabric is made with a 600d polyester face with a C0 DWR coating, polyester X-PLY™ reinforcement and water resistant polyester backing.
- UVX40 (SILVER) X-PAC™ Fabric from Dimension Polyant. Fabric is made of a polyester/UHMWPE face with a polyester X-PLY™ reinforcement and water resistant polyester backing.
- Weight: 3.3 LBS (1.5 KG) - BLACK. 2.7LBS (1.2KG) - UVX40
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 11.5" x 8" (54 x 29 x 20cm). Back panel height is 21.5" (54cm).
- Volume: 31 Liters (expandable to 34 liters)
- Body Fabric: EPX600 fabric (black), UVX40 (SILVER)
- Liner Fabric: EPX70RS (BLACK)/ VX07 (SILVER)
- Frame Sheet: 0.060" thickness, 20" (51cm) height, high density polyethylene (white)
- Webbing: Nylon weave style MIL-W-17337
- Hardware: ITW Nexus™, Duraflex®, Nifco®
- Zippers: YKK® Aquaguard®/YKK® RC coil
All our gear is made with technical excellence with materials selected for their performance, durability and longevity.