Our latest gear in our PROTOTYPE PROGRAM are a few BRAVO 18's made of Dimension Polyant's SA-35400 fabric. Haul bags are made to be abused and we've been wanting to make a few in this amazing technical fabric ever since we saw it. This means our BRAVO 18 about the same weight while giving the bag amazing abrasion resistance. Like all our BRAVO 18s, this is a utility bag that works in a number of carry formats and while we generally think of the BRAVO 18 defying a single category, we’re calling it a multi-hauler.
1. Brief Bag - Shorten the handles to carry in hand as a brief bag. This is best for short A to B trips.
2. Over Shoulder - Work out of the bag while on body by lengthening the handles and carry over shoulder while pushing the cinch top inward.
3. Messenger - Cinch the top closed and attach one strap to one side to use over shoulder. In this format the side zip functions as a fast-access point to the main body.
4. Sling - To keep the pack vertical while wearing cross-body by attaching a strap across the bag.
5. Backpack - At full capacity or longer trips, use both straps in backpack format. Main zippers are positioned to swing the bag around for fast access to the main body and front pocket.
We designed this new multi-hauler to be carried in multiple formats. The bag can be hand held, carried over shoulder, cross body, messenger, or in backpack format. The BRAVO 18 features fast access to the main body and front pocket. The cinch top uses water resistant fabric to close up the top of the bag body or fall inward allowing open top access when working out of the bag. When fully loaded, the cinch top functions as the main access point and the front zipper allows for access to items lower in the bag. For fast access to a tablet or small items, there is a dedicated front pocket. For small items there is an interior dual pocket, perfect for keys, wallet or a phone.
This unique set of BRAVO 18s are made of SA-354000 fabric from Dimension Polyant. This material is a composite fabric with a face composition: 70% 400d Ultra Polyethylene and 30% 125d white polyester. This fabric is fused to a to 22º X-PLY™ reinforcement with a polyester film and backed with a 50D Taffeta for additional stability.
WEATHER RESISTANT TECH
All materials have been selected for their durability and weather resistance. The cinch top is made of 400d coated nylon and TX07 X-PAC™ fabric selected for water resistance. Exterior zippers are YKK Aquaguard® that employ a PU coating for water resistance.
Functions & Features
- Five carry formats.
- Expandable/fall-away cinch top.
- Fast access zipper to get into the main body.
- Fast access front pocket.
- Interior dual pocket for small organization.
- SA-354000 with a 70% 400d Ultra PE, 30% 125d white polyester face
- with pigmented UV resistant polyester resin. Fabric is backed with a polyester X-PLY™ reinforcement and water resistant polyester backing.
- Weight: 1.3 LBS (0.589 Kilograms)
- Dimensions: 18" x 10.5" x 6" (45 x 27 x 15cm).
- Volume: 18 Liters
- Body Fabric: SA-354000 X-PAC
- Webbing: Nylon weave style MIL-W-17337, polyester seatbelt webbing
- Hardware: ITW Nexus
- Zippers: YKK® Aquaguard®/YKK® RC coil
All PROTOTYPE PROGRAM gear is made in Berkeley, California, USA with materials selected for their performance, durability and longevity.