For this project, we looked at the fundamentals of how we grab and haul our gear and then created a utility bag that works in a number of carry formats. While we generally think of the BRAVO 18 defying a single category, we’re calling it a multi-hauler.
1. Brief Bag - Shorten the handles to carry in hand as a brief bag. This is best for short A to B trips.
2. Over Shoulder - Work out of the bag while on body by lengthening the handles and carry over shoulder while pushing the cinch top inward.
3. Messenger - Cinch the top closed and attach one strap to one side to use over shoulder. In this format the side zip functions as a fast-access point to the main body.
4. Sling - To keep the pack vertical while wearing cross-body by attaching a strap across the bag.
5. Backpack - At full capacity or longer trips, use both straps in backpack format. Main zippers are positioned to swing the bag around for fast access to the main body and front pocket.
We designed this new multi-hauler to be carried in multiple formats. The bag can be hand held, carried over shoulder, cross body, messenger, or in backpack format. The BRAVO 18 features fast access to the main body and front pocket. The cinch top uses water resistant fabric to close up the top of the bag body or fall inward allowing open top access when working out of the bag. When fully loaded, the cinch top functions as the main access point and the front zipper allows for access to items lower in the bag. For fast access to a tablet or small items, there is a dedicated front pocket. For small items there is an interior dual pocket, perfect for keys, wallet or a phone.
For maximum durability and weather resistance, the BRAVO 18 is made of composite X50 (X51 for Multicam™) X-PAC™ fabric. These materials feature a Cordura® nylon face fabric laminated to 22º X-PLY™ reinforcement and polyester film for maximum stability and weather resistance.
WEATHER RESISTANT TECH
All materials have been selected for their durability and weather resistance. The cinch top is made of 400d coated nylon and TX07 X-PAC™ fabric selected for water resistance. Exterior zippers are YKK Aquaguard® that employ a PU coating for water resistance.
Functions & Features
- Five carry formats.
- Expandable/fall-away cinch top.
- Fast access zipper to get into the main body.
- Fast access front pocket.
- Interior dual pocket for small organization.
- X51 (black)/X50 (multicam™) X-PAC™ Fabric from Dimension Polyant. Both fabrics are made with a Cordura® Nylon face with a C6 DWR coating, polyester X-PLY™ reinforcement and water resistant polyester backing.
- Weight: 1.2 LBS (0.55 Kilograms)
- Dimensions: 18" x 10.5" x 6" (45 x 27 x 15cm).
- Volume: 18 Liters
- Body Fabric: X51 fabric (black), X50 (Multicam™)
- Webbing: Nylon weave style MIL-W-17337, polyester seatbelt webbing
- Hardware: ITW Nexus
- Zippers: YKK® Aquaguard®/YKK® RC coil